Dallas-based Continental Batteries, an Incline Equity Partners portfolio company, has acquired Metroplex Battery (also of Dallas) and Ellis Battery of Fredericktown, MD, distributors of aftermarket batteries to the automotive, commercial, golf and marine markets. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
This makes eight acquisitions for Continental in nine months, bringing the company’s total footprint to 50 branches in 15 states. The previously acquired companies are …
• Battery Sales & Service (March 2019).
• Battery Distributors Inc. (February 2019).
• Battery Distributors SE (December 2018).
• Carolina Energy (August 2018).
• Wholesale Battery (July 2018).
• Standard Battery (July 2018).
Incline Equity Partners, headquartered in Pittsburgh, is a private investment firm focused on making investments in lower middle-market growth companies.