The TechForce Foundation has launched an annual awards program, Techs Rock Awards, to recognize working technicians who mentor and inspire the next generation of technicians, bring excellence to their workplaces and communities, and demonstrate passion and commitment to the profession. Awards will be presented in the following categories …
• Outstanding Mentor: For providing support and guidance to the industry’s future techs.
• Rookie of the Year: For up-and coming tech professionals with less than two years of experience.
• Die Hard Award: For industry junkies who live, breathe, sleep and thrive in their career.
• Barrier Buster Award: For showing heart and passion in overcoming obstacles to succeed.
• Pay it Forward Award: For being a community advocate and inspiring the next generation of transportation techs.
Winners will be announced Dec. 11. Each will receive a tool voucher sponsored by Snap-on, valued at $1,000. A one-week public online vote will then determine one grand-prize winner, who will receive roundtrip airfare and hotel accommodations for Auto Week 2019 in Scottsdale, AZ, where they will be honored at the annual TechForce Foundation Leadership Summit.
For more information on the awards, visit TechForceFoundation.org/TechsRock.