The MOTOR Director of Sales (DOS) is a quota carrying position that will be responsible for directly selling our data services and related applications (DaaS & SaaS) into the Automotive and allied industry. This role will have a focus with automotive parts and will work extensively with part manufacturers and other automotive companies, which may be existing MOTOR relationship or may be a new logo prospects looking to do business with MOTOR. Candidate will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and closing net new MOTOR opportunities and closing additional business in existing accounts. DOS maintains and expands MOTOR’s existing relationship with strategic clients. DOS will be responsible for renewals, with intent to build and extend relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. Proactively inform clients of additional MOTOR products and services that meet their business objectives. The DOS will have responsibility for managing the entire sales process from business development prospecting through contract negotiations and signing. Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability. Proven track record of exceeding sales objectives. Travel of 20% per year is expected within the territory for client and prospect meetings.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Align MOTOR DaaS & SaaS solutions with the customer’s strategic objectives.
- Revenue responsibility for maintaining MOTOR revenue through renewal events and identifying opportunities for MOTOR to provide new products and services. Responsibility for identifying and closing new logo sales within territory.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel (both internal and external) in assigned client accounts.
- Meets assigned new revenue assignments and manages client contract renewals, and price increases.
- Account planning and accurate monthly & quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Maintaining a sales pipeline at least 3X quota.
- Solid experience selling complex IT solutions based on ROI/business value justification to CXO.
- Keep accurate and up to date records of all deals in CRM system.
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and to build trust-based relationships. Be an advocate and effectively translate client requirements to team. Work collaboratively to architect and solution complex proposals.
- Develop account plans, pursuit strategies, facilitate maximizing MOTOR’s revenue opportunities.
- The ability to expertly position and sell MOTOR’s capabilities.
- Assists sales management in devising strategic account sales plans and strategies.
- Understanding and selling solutions (ROI) for high level business problems, incorporating sales strategies across large multi divisional matrixed organizations.
- This role will have travel requirements of 20% for events that support existing clients account reviews, winning new logos and attending automotive conferences and conventions
- 5+ years’ experience selling enterprise software services, preferably to the Automotive industry.
- Has deep domain expertise and extensive background in working with automotive parts manufacturers, part catalog companies or parts technology sales, with associated experience on the automotive service side of industry in the installation and selling of parts.
- Demonstrated experience executing a complex sales cycle closing deals comprised of software, services, and/or managed services.
- Strong track record of over performance in selling enterprise solutions to new logos while maintaining and growing existing revenue.
- Has a “hunter” mentality – loves to cold call and open new accounts.
- Has skill in use of Microsoft suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint, and utilization of Teams for remote client engagements.
- High energy, highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative, and independent.
- Influential; perceived by prospective client as credible and consultative.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Master’s degree preferred, minimum of bachelor’s degree.