Your Challenge: As a Sales Manager for Lumileds (Philips Brand) North American Automotive Aftermarket, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, managing and achieving the revenue growth objectives for your geographical/channel area of responsibility. At the direction of the Aftermarket Sales Director, you will ensure that all activities support the Lumileds North American Aftermarket strategy. Travel as required, up to 75%, to prospect and/or follow up on customer development and/or acquisition as necessary.
Your Responsibilities: The Aftermarket Sales Manager is responsible for selling and promoting Lumileds ( Philips brand) Automotive Lighting aftermarket products to/through multiple automotive aftermarket key customers/channels in geographical/channel area of responsibility
Responsibilities may include:
- Lead and manage Retail headquarter relationships and strategy
- Lead and manage OLM (Other Lighting Manager) relationships and strategy
- Develop, lead and implement business strategy to secure short and long-term business with the targeted Aftermarket key accounts/customers in a specified geography and/or channel
- Develop and implement the Lumileds Automotive Lighting Aftermarket sales plan and all sales forecasts for specified geographical/channel area of responsibility:
- Develops and conducts presentations to the customer (all levels up to executive) on products and capabilities through presentations utilizing marketing brochures and all applicable sales support vehicles.
- Collaborates with Marketing on the development and implementation of marketing programs and promotions to increase revenue.
- Responsible to develop the annual operating plan (AOP), sales forecasts and budgets for the assigned geographical/channel area of responsibility.
- Lead and manage independent sales representatives to exceed both customer and Lumileds (Philips) expectations. Ensure that representatives are fully trained and armed with Lumileds (Philips) knowledge and selling material. Be able to communicate clearly the strategy and expectations and provide feedback when not being met.
- Manage all customer safe launch tasks for newly acquired customers through project leadership ensuring customer and internal requirements are met with regard to planogram definition, setup and proper product assortment recommendations, quality control through to the final phase of project completion and product delivery.
- Responsible to respond and ensure resolution of all customer concerns regarding our products and systems.
- Recommend and implement a competitive pricing strategy and guidelines in support of overall NAFTA pricing strategy with the marketing and product management group.
- Work closely with aftermarket marketing in the communication of customer needs to product management. Assist in the prioritization of development resources for new products and line extensions.
- Responsible for maintaining open communications within the Lumileds organization related to customer A/R performance. (Vendor Compliance, contracts, funding )
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For: The ideal candidate for the Aftermarket Sales Manager role is someone with a strong relationship building ability, displays initiative and always has the customer’s needs and best interest in mind.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5–10 years sales and account management experience in the automotive aftermarket channel. Specific experience in the retail channel is desired
- Experience in automotive aftermarket customer acquisition
- OLM and Farm & Fleet experience a plus
- BS or BA Degree in business, sales or marketing desired
- Thorough and broad understanding of aftermarket sales channels and selling expertise in multiple channels
- Must have demonstrated coaching and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain long-term business partnership.
- Capability to work at all levels in an organization.
- Thorough knowledge of competitive product offering and how Lumileds (Philips) products compare to competitions product line is desired
- In depth knowledge of automotive aftermarket market
- Located in Detroit area is a plus
- Proven ability to work effectively from a home office
Please send resume to Agustin.Bossi@Pierpoint.com