Position Description: The VRM Key Account Manager will be responsible for driving sales growth in the Aftermarket Industry through the Distribution, Retail and Body Shop Channels for the Automotive, Agricultural, Construction, Commercial Truck and Recreational Vehicle Industry. This position has specific responsibility for national retail accounts including NAPA, Advance Auto, AutoZone, O’Reilly’s and Pep Boys in additional to covering specific states in the midwest. The VRM steering unit provides adhesives, sealants, and functional coatings for the maintenance and repair of transportation vehicles.
What We Offer: The VRM Key Account Manager drives the business in several phases: identification of new business opportunities, market share gain initiatives as well as cultivation of growth with the current customer base. The successful person in this position combines an energetic style with professionalism and has the ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of Henkel Management including Marketing, Product Development, Operations, Cross Functional Teams, Steering Units as well as key Senior Management at Customers. The territory to be managed includes seven midwestern states and national account responsibility for the retail channel (MN, WI, IL, IN, MI OH, WV states covered by position). Significant travel including overnight stays is required and is estimated at 70%. Candidate may reside in any of the states to be covered if the territory can be effectively managed from their location.
As a member of the Regional Steering Unit team this role places emphasis on collaboration with the rest of the Steering Unit through strong interpersonal skills, analytical thinking, team building, product and process knowledge, attention to detail and coaching.
What We Are Looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or engineering; MBA preferred;
- 5+ years of Aftermarket Industry sales experience or equivalent with a progressive record of delivering results;
- Automotive and Retail account management experience strongly desired, body shop industry experience a plus;
- Thorough understanding of multi-tiered Aftermarket distribution model;
- Up to date computer skills including business typing skills, strong literacy in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point, contact management software and Lotus Notes;
- Outstanding presentation, negotiation and relationship-building skills;
- Mechanical aptitude/knowledge of adhesive, sealant and functional coating products and their use in the transportation industry;
- Ability to effectively demonstrate product applications and train end users;
- A self-starter/manager able to use Henkel’s resources to maximize opportunities within territory; and
- Value-added selling experience.
Please respond to: email@example.com