The ASE Education Foundation has announced the following officers for its 2020 board of directors …
• Chair: Chris Wallace, technical training integration manager at General Motors.
• Vice Chair: Ted Hood, division sales manager at the Genuine Parts Company.
• Treasurer: Donna Schaar, AVP – talent acquisition and compensation at CarMax Inc.
• Secretary: Michael Godson, professor at Clark College.
• Past Chair: Lenora Jackson, manager of training operations for the American Honda Motor Company.
New members of the board are Todd Berman of the Berman Auto Group and Rafael Garcia of Hill Country European Autoworks, as well as two people who joined the board in mid-2019: Mike Hoffman of FedEx Freight and Trey Michael of the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
Leaving the board after years of service are …
• Mark Miller of General Motors.
• Jim Norton of Jim Norton Toyota.
• Donny Seyfer of Seyfer Automotive.
The ASE Education Foundation works with over 2,300 automotive technology training programs and more than 50,000 students nationally. Its mission is to provide the transportation industry with a viable work force through standards and credentials for institutions, organizations and individuals. The foundation also offers career development and workplace exposure by creating relationships and partnerships with employers.